Strike Action – Thursday 2nd March 2023
Before half term I wrote to inform you that members of the National Education Union had voted for industrial action which will impact BBA. The strikes – the result of a dispute between union members and Government – are scheduled for Thursday 2nd March, and provisionally Wednesday 15th and Thursday 16th March.
This will result in disruption to our usual routines, and some scheduled lessons will be unable to go ahead. As ever, pupil wellbeing remains our priority, and careful risk assessments have been carried out to assess which lessons and activities can safely continue. I can now share our plans for Thursday 2nd March.
At BBA the following will apply on Thursday 2nd March
- The Academy will be open to years 10 and 11 only, the expectation is that they must attend.
- The Academy will be closed to year 7, 8 and 9.
- In addition, a small number of students will be invited to attend, and we will communicate directly with these individual families.
- For students in receipt of Free School Meals we will be handing out grab bags with lunches on Wednesday 1st March for students to take home for the following day.
- Students will be expected to complete blended learning online which can be accessed via the link on their homepage. Further instructions will be emailed to students and parents / carers.
We will share plans for each of the strike days as they occur based on our ability to run the site safely, and I will inform you of our plans for those days as soon as possible. We will continue to work closely with our staff union representatives to keep up to date with the situation.
I am sure we all hope for a swift resolution to this dispute which will satisfy all parties. We recognise and respect the right of our staff to take part in industrial action and, while I understand this situation may be frustrating, your continued support for our school at this time is appreciated.
I do hope this will allow you to plan ahead for any disruption. Should you have any further questions, do please contact the Academy.