Bristol Brunel Academy, recognises, and celebrates diversity, including that which exists within our student and staff populations and the communities we serve.
This links into our Brunel Way Social Strand:
|We celebrate our differences.|
|We are kind and helpful to each other|
|We show empathy and consideration for other people and their feelings.|
|We challenge injustice and inequality constructively.|
We are committed to ensuring equality of education and opportunity for all pupils, staff, parents and carers receiving services from the school, irrespective of gender, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, marital status, age, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief. We aim to develop a culture of inclusion and diversity in which all those connected to the school feel proud of their identity and able to participate fully in school life.
We will tackle discrimination by the positive promotion of equality, challenging bullying and stereotypes and creating an environment which champions respect for all. At BBA, we believe that diversity, inclusion and equality is a strength, which will be respected and celebrated by all those who learn, teach and visit here.
The pursuit of the EDI agenda is a continuous process and our next objectives in 2022-23 are:
- Enable the Academy to grow and thrive through the diversity and inclusivity of our workforce.
- Excellence and ambition in staff training on the enactment and delivery of embedded EDI.
- Demonstrable equality in experience for all of our students and staff.
- Explicit teaching and understanding of EDI is embedded in to the curriculum. Excellence in EDI is promoted in our wider curriculum e.g. enrichment, Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural development (SMSC) and British Values.
- All of our community to visibly contribute to the values of the Academy and its wider impact.
Last Updated: December 2021
Review Date: December 2022