Rewards at BBA 2022-2023
We all make exceptional things happen every day:
Academically, Professionally, Socially, Personally, Within the community
- Success cards – awarded and sent home when a student has modelled the Brunel way.
- Raffle tickets – ‘quick win’ rewards for students making the right choices during social time and learning time. Each year team has a raffle ticket ‘tombola’ for weekly prize draws – winners announced in assembly.
- House points – awarded every time a student earns a ‘1’ in class.
- Tutor league – Each week top 3 tutor groups for attendance & behaviour in each year gains house points. Heads of houses to reward their top tutors each week.
- Positive phone calls home – By Year Teams, Curriculum Teams & Tutors, all communication logged.
- Hot Chocolate Fridays – Weekly raffle draw winners from year team Brunel way raffle to have hot chocolate with our Vice Principal and Principal.
- Curriculum competition – Each term different curriculum teams run a competition encompassing a Brunel Way strand, winning students earn house points & reward. Winner announced in end of term assembly.
- Academic Awards – Each teacher can nominate one student per class to receive an academic award.
- House competition – Led by the house team and student council; in line with the Brunel Way strand for the term, winning students earn house points & reward. Winner announced in end of term assembly.
- Attendance – Any individual with 100% attendance for the term earns a termly reward and certificate. Year teams & SLT can each nominate students for most improved ‘wild card’ spot.
- End of term celebration assemblies – Run for each year group. Individual certificates given for 100% attendance, top behavior points and subject nominations. Tutor group certificate for best attendance and behaviour in the year group. Each certificate gains house points.
|1||Onsite Movie – Students vote in tutor to choose||100% Attendance in T1 & ‘most improved’ wildcards.|
|2||Cinema Trip||Top 40 behaviour scores in each year group. 10 ‘wildcards’ up for grabs per year group.|
|3||Onsite Movie – Students vote in tutor to choose|
|100% Attendance in T3 & ‘most improved’ wildcards.|
|4||Cinema Trip||Top 40 behaviour scores in each year group. 10 ‘wildcards’ up for grabs per year group.|
|5||Thorpe Park Themepark||100% Attendance All year & ‘most improved’ wildcards.|
|6||Inflatables||House Cup Winner for the year|
*Year teams and curriculum teams to run their own trips alongside this.
End of Year
- Attendance Reward – At the end of Term 4, the top 50 students for attendance in each year group gain a place on the big reward (trip) at the start of Term 5. Each year team gets 5 ‘wild card’ nominations for most improved students. 275 students rewarded.
- Sports Day – House points awarded to the winner!
- House Reward – Winner of the house cup, announced at the end of Term 6 celebration assembly. The whole house reward run in the last week of Term 6 e.g., Inflatables.
Brunel Way: BBA Awards
- BBA Award Badges – Throughout their time at BBA students can work to earn badges for each strand of the Brunel way. For example, 10 subject nominations will earn the ‘academic’ badge or being a student leader will earn the ‘community’ badge. Once a student has earned all five badges, they receive the ‘gold award’.
|Term||Curriculum Teams||Brunel Way Strand|
|6||PE & English||Community|
*Curriculum competition winners must be submitted in the penultimate week of term, to be announced in the end of term assembly.
** Learning support team run competitions throughout the year aligning with Brunel way.
|Term||Competition||Brunel Way Strand|
|1||Role Model Poster House Task||Community|
|2||COP26 Letter Writing||Academically|
|4||New House Logo & Charities||Socially|
|5||Eco Club – Bottle Top collection||Personally|
* competition winners must be submitted in the penultimate week of term, to be announced in the end of term assembly.
House Point Reward Value
Weekly tutor league:
1st – 30
2nd – 20
3rd – 10
Termly house competition:
1st – 250
2nd – 150
3rd – 50
End of term certificates:
Each individual certificate (attdn/behv/subject) – 5 house points
1st – 400
2nd – 300
3rd – 200
4th – 100