Due to the fact that members of the National Education Union have voted for industrial on Wednesday 15th and Thursday 16th March our usual running of the school will be impacted.This will result in disruption to our usual routines and scheduled lessons will be unable to go ahead. Pupil wellbeing remains our priority, and we have carried out risk assessments to assess which lessons and activities can safely continue. I can now share our plans for Wednesday 15th and Thursday 16th March.
At BBA the following will apply on both Wednesday 15th and Thursday 16th March
- The Academy will be open to year 11 only, the expectation is that they must attend.
- The Academy will be closed to year 7, 8, 9 and 10.
- In addition, a small number of students will be invited to attend, and we will communicate directly with these individual families.
- For students in receipt of Free School Meals we will be handing out grab bags with lunches on Tuesday 14th March for students to take home.
- Students will be expected to complete blended learning online which can be accessed via the link on their homepage. Further instructions this will be emailed to students and parents/carers and put onto show my homework.
We will do our best to share plans for Wednesday and Thursday with year 11 families as they occur based on our ability to run the site safely, and I will inform you of our plans for those days as soon as possible. We will continue to work closely with our staff union representatives to keep up to date with the situation.
We recognise and respect the right of our staff to take part in industrial action and, while I understand this situation may be frustrating schools across the region are experiencing similar challenges , your continued support for our school at this time is appreciated.
We do hope this will allow you to plan ahead for any disruption. Should you have any further questions, do please contact the Academy.